Cheesy Banana Peppers
A quick tasty lunch for those that like fat and flavor.
Servings: 2 people
- 4 large Banana Peppers topped and deseeded
- 2 slices VioLife Cheddar Cheese Vegan sliced cheese of choice
- 2 oz VioLife Feta Cheese Vegan feta
- 1 tsp Earth Balance butter
- 2 slices Gluten-Free Bread/ Vegan Bread of Choice
- Cut tops off of banana peppers and slice down the pepper lengthwise, only on one side. Pull out seeds with your fingers or use a teaspoon.
- Once peppers are cleaned, stuff each pepper with half of a slice of VioLife Cheddar cheese and a half-ounce of VioLife feta cheese.
- After peppers are prepared, place a teaspoon of butter into the pan and let it melt entirely.
- Add peppers to the pan, carefully turning them to coat the peppers in the butter. This will help with the softening and browning of the outside of the pepper.
- Once the cheese is melted on the inside and peppers are browned to your liking, remove them onto a plate.
- Take sliced bread and let it soak up any melted cheese or butter left in the pan and let it sit in the pan for about a minute or so to brown the bread.
- Place the bread on plate and top with 2 stuffed banana peppers.
Note: Deland Gluten-Free and Vegan Bread can be found here.