Elizabeth is such a great cook and has a lot to offer those that come out to the cooking classes. This is one reason I enjoy cooking with this super lady. Elizabeth shared with our class a recipe for vegan Eggplant Parmesan. Even though the demo was not made gluten free there is still the option to make this dish gluten free. See the added notes for the substitutions. This dish smelled, looked, and tasted amazing. We hope that you enjoy it as much as the class did.
Vegan Eggplant Parmesan- Elizabeth Fresse
- 1 Eggplant peeled and sliced
- 1 cup milk or water
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour GF option: All Purpose GF Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- Other Seasonings to taste
- 2 cups breadcrumbs GF option: GF Panko Breadcrumbs
- pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 450
- Peel and Slice eggplant (or zucchini squash)
- Mix all ingredients for batter together till smooth.
- Dip slices of eggplant in batter, then into breadcrumbs; set on cooking tray.
- Bake at 450 for 8 minutes on each side.
- Once baked, pour just enough pasta sauce to cover the bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Then place eggplant into dish and cover everything with remaining sauce.
- Place back in oven for another 15 minutes or so and serve right away.