Recipe contributed by: Elizabeth Fresse, source: onceuponacuttingboard.com
I had the opportunity to present a cooking class with Elizabeth and had a great time. We presented around the theme of Fall and Thanksgiving. This is one of her recipes she demonstrated to the class. This recipe was tried by my kids and they LOVED it! So definitely kid approved. Thanks Elizabeth!
Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Quinoa
- 1/2 cup milk your favorite kind
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs Maple syrup or other sweetener
- 1/2 Tbs vanilla
- 1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook quinoa in milk and water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Once quinoa is cooked, mix all ingredients together.
- Taste and adjust ingredients as needed. Serve as is, or add milk first.