Vegetables are not always famous in my house. They are often turned down for less healthier options, or left on the plate to turn cold and left behind. I recently bought some zucchini to make muffins, but then I saw a post by two peas & their pod for zucchini fries. They looked awesome and that is when I knew, I needed to try this. As I looked into the recipe some more, I found that it was not vegan and if I was going to serve it to my girls it had to be gluten free, which thier recipe was not. I however altered the recipe to fit the needs of our family and make it vegan and gluten free. The vegan zucchini fires turned out great and a huge hit with my children. I had only made one whole zucchini as I didn’t know how they would like them. By the end of supper, it was gone. Needless to say, I should have made more. Enjoy.
Vegan Zucchini Baked Fried
This recipe is altered to fit a gluten free and vegan lifestyle. These zucchini fries are a great side to go with vegan burgers and a great way to get your kids to eat vegetables.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 med zucchini Slice and seeded
- 2 Tbs Go Veggie parmesan
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- dash Oregano ground
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp basil leaves
- 2 Tbs golden flax seed ground
- 1 Tbs olive oil extra virgin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease baking pan with extra virgin olive oil so fries won't stick.
- Mix all ingredients, except flaxseed and zucchini, in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix 2 Tbs of ground flaxseed in about 4 Tbs of water and set aside until you get the consistency of raw eggs. You may have to add water if too thick.
- Cut zucchini into slices and seed them. Dip into flaxseed and coat with dry mixture.
- Place fries onto pan and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.